Filled outlined polygons

Started by
2 comments, last by Khorn 23 years, 11 months ago
I''m looking for a way to draw a filled polygon with a diff color that outlines the first one. It''s for a very simple (OOOHHH SO SIMPLE!) landscape without any lights ond stuff... Just so I can move around and still see the hightdiff. Right now I draw filled polygons first and then black lines 0.01 over the filled ones. Is there a better way?
Me....!? What more can I say?
Advertisement
Hmm ... that''s probably not what you really want to do.
First off depending on depth/blend settings etc you won''t get an outline - probably one poly or the other. Anyway, digressing =)

Best way to do this would probably be to draw lines around the polygon that are white/red/blue or whatever so that they actually stand out from the polygon. Oh - and when you draw the lines turn off the z-buffer writes but make sure the line is above the poly (so to speak)! This way the line will get draw over the top (hopefully)
MrF.--Code..reboot..code..reboot..sigh!
I suggest you first draw the polygons textured and all, then change material color and draw them as wireframe. It won''t get any faster than that.

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
Ok... I think i got it....
But if we talk about speed... Will it get faster if I have a bitmap that I put on every polygon. That is, if I have a map filled with one color and ouline it. EEhh... I think you''ll understand.
Me....!? What more can I say?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement