basic codes

Started by
1 comment, last by DreaZ 21 years, 2 months ago
hi, im new at games programation, but i know about web programation ( experience in PHP and MySQL ). now i want make a cool rpg, like the rpg that are made on rpg maker .. but i dont want use rpg maker. i downloaded some nice games, but i dont know wich is the language used, how i can read the codes, and how i can test my scripts. i downloaded some programs to use c++ but i cant test wut i do .. its really strange and complicated .. i need someone who tell me how i can start .. someone can make it? can u, wich r experts, teach me how to make a simple thing, a little dude that i can ride. when i press right, he goes right, when i press left ....... nothing complicated... dont have to make a little dude, a black ball by example .. i just need basic codes, where i can see the code and try .. plz tell me wut r these crazy languages! .bas , .1, .all .. lol .. can plz someone give a help? thx, and sorry about the english, i dont speak english very well...
Advertisement
Don''t worry about the english, it''ll come in time(At least, it did for me).

First of all, most games are writting in C/C++. Once these games are compiled(Made into executable programs), there is no way back for the code. You cannot change the exe into code again(It''s called decompiling).

For writing programs with C/C++ you''ll need a C/C++ compiler. A good free is Dev-C++ which can be downloaded here. It''s free and has a good IDE.

Second, you''ll need some proper C++ knowledge. You will have to either buy a book(The expensive books are mostly the best, pick books around 50/60 dollar/euros). Since you''re english isn''t that good, buy a book in your native language. Read the book carefully, and make sure you understand all. Don''t rush into things like games, or windows programs. These programs are quite hard to understand at first(Took me awhile before I understood Windows programming, and only after having a good grasp of the C++ basics). Most programs in these books will run in a console, sort of DOS.

Also, you could try some online tutorials, like the ones on C++ at www.gametutorials.com.

Good luck,

Sand Hawk

----------------

(Inspired by Pouya)
----------------(Inspired by Pouya)
quote:Original post by DreaZ
someone can make it? can u, wich r experts, teach me how to make a simple thing, a little dude that i can ride. when i press right, he goes right, when i press left .......

nothing complicated... dont have to make a little dude, a black ball by example .. i just need basic codes, where i can see the code and try .. plz tell me wut r these crazy languages!
You''re aiming way too high for your first experiment. Don''t expect to be capable to make a "cool rpg" in the next two-three years. A "little dude that you can ride" is not a simple thing. Understand that there won''t be an "engine" that takes care of everything for you; you need to see to that the window is opened, each pixel is drawn, read the keys, do the logic, and update accordingly. Try to make a text based "guess my number" game first.

Btw, you could improve your english greatly by writing ''you'' instead of ''u'' and ''are'' instead of ''r'', and go easy on the periods. If you capitalize the first letter of the first word in each sentence it will be a lot easier for the people you want answers from to read your questions.

500 x 1000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement