• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

[java] Webpage Javascript

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 LeeIsMe   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 May 2000 - 01:13 PM

This isn't about games, but it is about my game programming web page. I have a java-script file on my web page that keeps track of when the page on the right frame changes. I would like it to execute a counter script (either in asp, cgi, or server side java) whenever the page in the right frame changes. How would I go about doing that? http://www.gamedev.net/hosted/3dgraphics/ Edited by - LeeIsMe on 5/15/00 7:16:13 PM

Sponsor:

#2 Tiso   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 May 2000 - 10:25 AM

Sorry, but I can''t help you. I''m just starting to look into Java, I just wanted to say, your web page looks GREAT!!

#3 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 20 May 2000 - 04:05 PM

I believe this can be accomplished with OnLoad function, but you will have to check on that =)
Basically, you can create a form theForm on the page that calls your cgi, servlet etc. Create a function callFunc() that does theForm.submit(). OnLoad(callFunc())

#4 Wrathnut   Members   -  Reputation: 397

Posted 25 May 2000 - 10:26 AM

If those are your options then I would make a java applet that just keeps track of the hits in a text file and then displays them... It should be a very very easy applet to write.

War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left.

#5 LeeIsMe   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 May 2000 - 12:04 PM

I solved my problem. I had wanted a solution where I wouldn''t need to include html on every page that I wanted to count. My web page has frames, so I set up a java-script in the left frame to check whenever the url in the right frame changes. There was already a java-script in place to update the links frame to reflect the right page, so it was fairly easy. When the right frame changes the java-script sends the info to a perl script that show the relevant links for the page and records hits. This solution seems incredibly in-elegant, but it works.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS