• Create Account

[java] Recommendations for a good Java book....

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Soulbane   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 May 2000 - 03:00 AM

I know the basics of Java and I was looking for a book to help me learn graphics (primarily 2d) and some other things. What would you recommend as some of the best books out there. Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 dog135   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 May 2000 - 01:46 PM

I just recently bought "Java 2 Complete" by Sybex. It''s 1,000 pages and it costs about $20.

At the start of the book, they are really to basic and keep redisplaying the code to much. but once you get about 1/3 of the way through the book, it really starts to get good. The last 1/4 of the book has all the standard Java2 classes and their methods. Pretty cool.

The paper is kind of cheap. Feels like a newspaper. But hey, it''s only $20. Amazon.com has it for $16 + s&h. They gave it 4 stars.

E:cb woof!

#3 Jerry Lynn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 May 2000 - 03:12 PM

I have 2 listed here:

http://games.cpbinc.com/faq/j2.htm

#4 bobbin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 May 2000 - 03:26 AM

You can''t go wrong with an O''Reilly in your pocket!

#5 vtRequiem   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 May 2000 - 04:25 PM

Is that an O''Reilly in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Actually, I have Beginning Java 2 by Ivor Horton. There are two chapters in it about drawing in a window.

Take care,

Req

dddDDDdddDDDdddDDDdddDDDddd

Big Brother is Watching

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS