• Create Account

Multiple Frequencies

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 medlingn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 May 2000 - 04:50 AM

Does anybody know how to play more than one frequency at once with the PC speaker (yes, I still use that little thing-i''ve got a 486 w/ no sound card)? P.S.: Please no assembly code--just tell me how it works and I''ll figure out the coding for it

Sponsor:

#2 SonicSilcion   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 May 2000 - 05:16 AM

Er, well there''s no remotely easy way of doing this. Here''s a few methods.

Alternate between the different frequencies. Easiest to do but has a strumming or wavering effect to it.

Calculate the FM synthesis of each, average them, then if it''s above a certain threshold turn the speaker on, below, turn it off. I''ve never heard this one implemented, so I have no idea of the quality.

Mixed harmonics. Beats me what it is, just heard of it. . . once. . . don''t know where. . . don''t even know if it actually exists.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS