please test rally car v2

Started by
40 comments, last by ctoa 21 years, 1 month ago
hi..me again. I''ve made some changes in the program. This time I put a VW Golf model, since that''s the only model I can find on the internet that can be used. It''s a hi poly model so it will be a little bit slow graphic(at least on my computer). I don''t know Golf is front/back/all wheel drive but I still simulate all wheel drive. For me it''s a lot of improvement but I still need other peoples to test it. Please download it at http://www.geocities.com/skyassault2002/rally.zip size about 300 kb Thanks
Advertisement
looks really cool!

It ran by about 40 - 60 fps!
on a:
1 Ghz Athlon
256 MB RAM
Geforce 2 GTS

Car still feels slow . But it''s pretty fun, 100fps most of the time.
looks good, somewhat slow though, at 100Km/h it looks like your doing 30Km/h

70fps steady on an
Athlon XP1800+
256 MB DDR RAM
Geforce 2 MX

The VW Golf is a front wheel drive by the way.
I put a dT(time elapse between frame) counter on the screen. I believe on fast computer with hi fps the dT is too little and the time base physic computation will produce tiny acceleration/speed. This will cause the car to be slow. But I cannot conform it as on my computer the most i can get is only 45 fps.
Using a double instead of a float can help with that effect.
as my dT varries between 0.010 and 0.020
Getting a little bit more resolution in dT can help.
I like the physics actually, the slide feels good! I gave up when I fell off the end of the level & reached 1,000,000,000 kph!! next target - the speed of light! For what it''s worth, the Golf is front wheel drive. I know what Ready4Dis means when he says that the car feels slow. Nice bit of work tho.
Yea it kinda breaks apart when it comes close to the speed of light.
Wow ! It''s pretty good !

The speed meter is wrong, it says "150 km/h" when you''re at, say 30 km/h :*)
Anyway, a Golf should be able to be a bit faster (than 30 km/h I mean)...
And it really feels like driving on snow...

60 fps on my machine, BTW.

SaM3d!, a cross-platform API for 3d based on SDL and OpenGL.The trouble is that things never get better, they just stay the same, only more so. -- (Terry Pratchett, Eric)
if there''s any people that has the dT around 0.03 - 0.04 and feel it''s really slow than it will be me who has a different feeling of speed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement