How do .ini files work

Started by
2 comments, last by MetalWorX 23 years, 11 months ago
how do programs read they .ini files. do they already have all the vars specified in it or do they create it at runtime simple bugging question! Jayanth.K
Raptor
Advertisement
I think it''s up to you, how you are going to handle the information you get from an INI file. In my programs I store the information in "normal variables", because all information i take from INI files I use throughout the whole program, so there is no use to generate it on run-time.

I hope i could help you a little bit.

Everything is possible ...
... at least I think so.
There are Windows API functions to read ini files easily. GetPrivateProfileString is one of them I think.

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
I wish I had known that... I wrote my own ini file class. It does just about everything an ini file needs. Email me if you don''t want to go the way of windows...

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons;

Yanroy@usa.com

Visit the ROAD Programming Website for more programming help.

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement