Camera System Problem

Started by
1 comment, last by Darkening 23 years, 10 months ago
I''m developing an Isometric engine which uses Direct3D to render the world. After I''m finished rendering the landscape and the sprites, I would like to take what I have rendered and put it in a surface/texture so I could use it has a texture for one of my GUI window, which I draw using DrawPrimitive too. I would like to have an effect similar to the one in Rollercoaster Tycoon when your clicking on a guest. Sure the window will always have the view has the main screen but that''s a start If you know a way to do it please help me or maybe just a way to take what''s have been rendered so far and put it in a texture before the EndScene(). Thanks, Darkening
---------------------------Unfortunately, no one can be told what a bug is.You have to see it for yourself...
Advertisement
Move your camera so it is centered above your world looking down. Set a ortho projection such that the extents are the min and max of your world. Render your world to a texture from this camera. voila you have your map.
Thanks for your post mitchw.
---------------------------Unfortunately, no one can be told what a bug is.You have to see it for yourself...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement