• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

I'm Done! Yes!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic

#1 Tiso   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 May 2000 - 01:50 PM

I have finally finished my first big project as a program. It's a program that does some of the more advanced pre-algebra stuff. Yes, I just finished pre-algebra this year so don't make fun of me. You can download it at: http://www.crosswinds.net/~gaurdianangel/Free.html And since nobody has told me they have visited my site here's the home page URL: http://www.crosswinds.net/~gaurdianangel Remember, this may look like a little simple program to you gurus out there but this is my first big project and my first program that does something useful, so give me some tips or encouragement please. ............ Guardian Angel Interactive Edited by - Tiso on 5/28/00 10:28:13 PM

Sponsor:

#2 Rottz   Members   -  Reputation: 443

Posted 28 May 2000 - 02:01 PM

Hey,

I didnt check your stuff, but, for the third time :
Please fix your signature!
Every post you make makes the whole thread get bugged (to me, or Netscape users, at least). It seems theres a " missing in the end of your link. Check that please!

Thanks a lot,
-RoTTer

#3 Tiso   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 May 2000 - 04:24 PM

I did fix it though...grrr.........I''ll check again. Could you at least check out my program though?

#4 Tiso   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 May 2000 - 04:29 PM

Sorry about my signature Rotter, but I finally got it fixed. Sorry I caused all this trouble.

Guardian Angel Interactive

#5 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 28 May 2000 - 04:41 PM

Hey, i downloaded your thing. A few comments. Obviously your a beginner so i won''t get on you for the "character based" interface. It shows you know a fair amount of whatever language you used. Not very intuitive or user friendly but thats what you get with character based applications. The file is HUGE for that kind of n application!!! Try release mode before you make us d/l that. The prog would be pretty good if it was only a visual program instead of a character prog. I don''t know if there were any bugs or not but i got a bad output the first time i tried something(perhaps i enetered bad input)??

ECKILLER

#6 Tiso   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 May 2000 - 05:37 PM

Well, I programmed it in C and character interface is all I know so far, sorry. What do you mean by release mode and d/I? I don''t know how to program a visual program but when I do, trust me, I will. There is one bug that was discussed in the read-me (if you read it, don''t blame you if you didn''t), sometimes there''s a letter on the line where you''re supposed to enter a value, you have to back space it or the program will glitch. Thanks for downloading it at least.

#7 lakibuk   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 29 May 2000 - 06:44 AM

hi !

you should at least have given the user a hint,what
this program does. btw: this ain''t a game,did i get this
right ? it''s some sort of mathematical application ?

#8 lakibuk   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 29 May 2000 - 06:45 AM

sorry...i downloaded glitch.exe
the other one Pre-Alg.exe is better in that way.

#9 Tiso   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 May 2000 - 08:19 AM

Sorry, this is my first program that I made without any help from a book or anything. This is a big accomplishment for a 13 year old you know.

#10 Julio   Members   -  Reputation: 116

Posted 29 May 2000 - 08:30 AM

not to brag or to put you down or anything, but I made pong and space invaders when I was 13. (I started programming when I was 13). This was all in mode13h with DJGPP. This isn''t to put you down, but just to tell you that age doesn''t matter that much.

#11 Tiso   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 May 2000 - 09:42 AM

Yeah I know, and I hope to reach that point at some time. But, I won''t be able while I''m getting eaten up by flames here.

#12 Lkesha   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 May 2000 - 10:24 AM

90% of all people here started programming at the age of 13, or below. It seems 9 - 13 are the most common.

#13 Kazan   Members   -  Reputation: 174

Posted 29 May 2000 - 12:20 PM

quote:
Original post by Lkesha

90% of all people here started programming at the age of 13, or below. It seems 9 - 13 are the most common.

I seriously doubt that, I''d say more like 20% started programming at 13 or below. I started programming at 17, and I know that there are quite a few people that post here that didn''t start programming until their late teens or even into their twenties.

-- Kazan - Fire Mountain Games --

#14 Tiso   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 May 2000 - 02:27 PM

Thank you Kazan, that makes me feel well, good. I too agree that your figures might be a little off, okay off alot. Might want to double check that one.

#15 deakin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 June 2000 - 01:38 PM

Your program has potential... Maybe make it so that the different options are listed vertically instead of in one big line. It would make it a lot easier to use.

A problem... I tried to find the area of a circle with radius 32 and it gave me the answer as 0.

- Daniel
my homepage

#16 SHilbert   Members   -  Reputation: 647

Posted 02 June 2000 - 01:53 PM

Tiso,
D/L means download.
I don''t know how this works on a Borland compiler, but in MSVC you select "Set Active Configuration" from the Build menu to change from "debug" to "release" mode. Programs compiled with release options can be half the size (or maybe less?) of the program compiled with debug options.
Hope that helps.

lntakitopi@aol.com | http://geocities.com/guanajam/

#17 Tiso   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 June 2000 - 03:48 AM

Okay deakin, did you backspace the letter that was sitting on the line where you type your answer? That could be the problem. If that doesn''t work, I''m going to have to test my source code.

Shilbert, I''ll try that. Sounds like it''s pretty easy to do. But, don''t be alarmed if I email you asking for a step by step walk through.

Thanks again everyone!

#18 OreoBoy03   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 June 2000 - 09:12 AM

Not bad...simple, but not bad. Keep up the good work Tiso!!!

E: I'm a fanatic now!!! Only about a year till I reach avatar!!! I'm getting closer...

Edited by - OreoBoy03 on June 3, 2000 4:13:11 PM

#19 Calen   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 June 2000 - 01:58 PM

Nice job tiso... keep up the good work

Calen

~freedom

#20 Robhog   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 June 2000 - 02:20 PM

Downloaded it.
Good stuff! Its always a hard slog to get your first
project together. I guess a little tweaking is called for
(as described above), but thats the way with software isn''t it. At least it pretty much does what its supposed to without needing me to download a patch unlike half the stuff i pay 30quid a shot for (haha)

Hint: If its for the area of a square you only need the measurment for one side ;-)

I would say do the revisions to it etc. if only for your own piece of mind (and to address your critics) before you move onto another project.
Best regards,
R.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS