• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

Some Lua questions

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Impz0r   Members   -  Reputation: 166

Posted 04 April 2003 - 11:50 PM

Hi, Ok i''ve got the Lua 5 Beta version recently and noticed that they added threads which is a cool thing because i missed the possibility of unloading a script and i suppose it would be possible with the use of threads. But i was wondering where on earth the "lua_closethread()" function is hidden?! Maybe the function will be added to the Lua 5 release version?! Is there another way to unload a script?! Ok another thing i was wondering about, if something went wrong with the compilation of a lua script, lua throws an error, call the panic function and exit the program, but i wont exit my program Is there a way not to exit the program?! Thanks alot Mfg Impz0r

Sponsor:

#2 Impz0r   Members   -  Reputation: 166

Posted 05 April 2003 - 10:53 PM

Anyone?!

#3 TravisWells   Members   -  Reputation: 276

Posted 06 April 2003 - 06:34 AM

I haven''t used LUA5 yet, but in LUA4 you would declare your own _PANIC or _ERROR function, so that your function would be called instead of the default one (which calls exit() )

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS