Beginner

Started by
3 comments, last by Rudimoso 21 years ago
Hi there! I´m a graphic artist and want to learn more. I´m very interested in 3D design and will now use the chance to learn the basics of it. But at first I need your opinion and experience. What do you think is the best way to learn the first steps and what program would you suggest? 3D Max or Maya? THX for support, OlE
Advertisement
Hi,
starting with no knowledge of 3d modelling at all, i`ve picked up a fair bit of 3dsMAX simply by buying a book and reesarching the things i want it to do.

to be honest, MAX has a very good help/tutorial section, so assuming you`re not using pirated software, just hit F1 and away ya go!
THX for your response.

Of course I´m not using pirated software. I have the chance to choose between Maya and 3DS and so I ask what you would prefer.

As I can see you suggest 3DS. Cool.

OlE

Why not check out the free learning editions of both programs first if you''re set on getting one of those two. If you want to learn principles then you could get a free modeler like Blender to get the basics with no restrictions.
Regarding to a lot of positive feedback for 3DS I just decide to start with GMAX. That prog is very easy to use and I like the tutorial. I hope after this it will be easier for me to find out what 3DS makes so powerful.

OlE

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement