Borland c++ 5,5 download link... where?!

Started by
4 comments, last by Tapani84 23 years, 10 months ago
I joined Borland communitie or whatever it is, but all links seem to end up in the steps part and there just reads Step 4 : Download Borland c++ 5,5(8,?Mb) but no link to it. Has someone clever enough, found the link to the file itself? I asked Borland but they are apperently(how do you spell this?) too busy to answer.
§- Tapani Niku -§
Advertisement
I had the samem problem... after you log in, eventually it will automatically pop up a save location dialog box thingee... if that doesn''t work, look for a better compiler, maybe one easier to download. i found djgpp better, but that''s just me.

---
Tsutomegi
---
DJGPP is good, realy good. but i dont think it can compile for windows... and it cant use cout either...

========================
Game project(s):
www.fiend.cjb.net
=======================Game project(s):www.fiend.cjb.net
>> DJGPP is good, realy good. but i dont think it can compile for windows... and it cant use cout either... <<

You just haven't downloaded/installed the C++ module for it and/or you've just compiled it with gcc instead of gpp.

/. Muzzafarath
Mad House Software

Edited by - Muzzafarath on June 2, 2000 2:01:20 PM
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
I`ve downloaded the Borland 5.5 compiler as many of my visiters to my site have complained about the same problem. (www.gamecoding.co.uk)

It downloaded alright - but only after you join the community thingy. But at the end of the day, its just not as good as you might first think. It`s totally missing the editor and all other important tool utilites.

If its w32 code you want to compile - then checkout the LCC FREE windows compiler. http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/

Hope it helps !
Paul.
www.gamecoding.co.uk
Actually, as a Compiler, the Borland one is better than most others I have seen, even including CL in the Visual C++ 6.0 package.
The reason? MUCH better ANSI C++ support.

For the free version you have to do without the tools, but that''s still a DAMN good compiler for free.

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ Mad Keith ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement