midevil weapons

Started by
12 comments, last by gameprogrammerwiz 23 years, 10 months ago
put these midevil weapons in order of least damaging to most damaging: (this is for my rpg) hatchet longbow hammer sword spear mace axe polearm (the same as axe but with a longer handle) guns dont kill people; people dont kill people; however, debugging code can kill you Edited by - gameprogrammerwiz on 6/2/00 12:03:40 PM
==============================
whats a signature?
htm[s]l[/s]
Advertisement
longbow
mace/hammer
hatchet/spear
axe/sword/polearm

I would have some of them do the same damage, just have different ranges (hatchet and spear, for example).

It depends on your implementation of armor (if any)

Some of those weapons are extremely effective against heavily armored opponents and some are pretty useless against such foes.

Bows(and arrows) are pretty lethal against everyone, if you can hit them where it counts.

$0.02
Heh, you mispelled "medieval" (wait, maybe that''s not how you spell it either! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! )

If you code it, they will come...

Commander M
http://commanderm.8m.com
cmndrm@commanderm.8m.com
Hmm also depends on what you mean with some of the weapons...is it a small hammer that is used as a tool? Or is it a large two-handed warhammer made to knock over a horse?

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." - The Shining
It depends from so many things, let me tell example. When European conquers met Japanese Samurais who were wearing light armour and 2-handed samurai. Of course, because of the tactics style of europe, european 2-Handed swordsman were slow and heavily armored and their swords did the most damage when they fell from the above of swordmens to ground. Ok, of course these fellas went into conflicts and what happened? Samurais kicked so much european ass that their boots stinked after 20 years. Why? Because overcoal steel was so lasting and light, samurais could jump all over the swordsmen and find the weakest point of their armor and just put the katana in and take it out, so easy.

Or think about crossbow, it is too damn deadly against heavily armored knights with years of experience and hella expensive armors, quite cheap bolt could end Knights life in 3 seconds, why? Because those cast iron armors were so fragile agains piercing damage. This is how peasants fought agains overseers in castle aged England.

Light Axe is good weapon against unarmored targets, better than sword because of it''s balancing, axes weight is concentrated in it''s head wich makes it cut fresh and bones like butter, but when it meets heavy armor it just bounces back, depending of the axe of course. Heavier the axe, deadlier it is.

Warhammer, One swing to your nose and you can smell your brains, good against hard materials and messing ones armor. Decent blow to head usually kills even if he''s using helmet.

Bows are very inefective agains leather, because it''s quite sticky/tough material. It doesn''t work well againt armored targets either, but when you use crossbow, newer evolution of bow you can pierce almost any type of medieval armor.

Mace is bit like warhammer but it has spikes or other cool shapes to make the damage even better. It usually is faster but downside is that it stucks, If you swing that thingie in someones forehead you can spend some time to get it out, because of the spikes.

If you mean halberd by polearm it''s very sucky when used alone, slow, unaccurate but has great damage. It''s similar to spear. It''s great when used against mounted targets because you could cut the horses legs, and anyhow, what you can do with peg-legged horse, eat?

Time comes, time goes and I only am.
thanks for your replies, everyone. i''ll probably decide on a weapons ranking later on based on what you all said.
whats a signature?
htm[s]l[/s]
Guys... it''s spelled medieval!!

There are three types of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
i really dont care how things are spelled. spell it however the heck you want and if people cant figure it out then lets all cwy abouwt it
whats a signature?
htm[s]l[/s]
I think:

spear
longbow
hatchet
hammer
polearm
mace
sword
axe