• Create Account

Euristic path finding algorithm

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Danielillo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 June 2000 - 01:28 PM

Hello Is out there a good tutorial (or at least a tutorial) in euristic path finfing algo''s? If so, where can i find one? Thanks Qué descansada vida la del que huye del mundanal ruido y sigue la escondida senda por donde han ido los pocos sabios que en el mundo han sido. Fray Luis de León

Sponsor:

#2 StrategicAlliance   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 June 2000 - 10:30 PM

You might try my application I wrote for a university project. You can find it at http://www.softline.be/StrategicAlliance/RUG/MotionPlanning/
under the Experiment section.

It''s written in VB and open-source. You''ll notice there''s a report I wrote with a few friends on it as well, describing several algorithms, but sadly it''s written in Dutch (had to do that for the project)

I hope you''ll find something useful in it.
All the best,

Stefan Baert

On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.
On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...

#3 jaxson   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 02 June 2000 - 10:39 PM

A* is a heuristic pathfinding algorithm. Check out Amit Patel''s page for LOTS of information:
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/gameprog.html

#4 Danielillo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 June 2000 - 11:16 AM

Ooooooppppssss!!!

Sorry about my spelling.

Thanks, StrategicAlliance. I dont understand Dutch, but i will try the source code.

Also thanks to you, jaxson, but i am looking for another type of algo.

Qué descansada vida
la del que huye del mundanal ruido
y sigue la escondida
senda por donde han ido
los pocos sabios que en el mundo han sido.
Fray Luis de León

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS