Game Ideas 2: Public Game Project

Started by
11 comments, last by Sha])ow 23 years, 10 months ago
Hey all, I started a "Game Ideas" thread over in Help Wanted already. I know it sounds stupid to start another one already, but there is a reason I am doing this post. I want to organize a public game project. Since it would be public, I doubt there would be any money involved, but it''s a good learning experience for all. So, if you want to get involved, drop me an email, or ICQ me. This is basically a continuation of Corfe''s post over in Game Ideas , he''s another person you can get in touch with. Shadow(audette@nrtco.net) ICQ# 29204573
Shadow(audette@nrtco.net)ICQ# 29204573
Advertisement
Aren''t they already doing the Gaunlet-style thing? Or is that done already?
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Yes, they''re doin'' the Gaunlet style game, but i think sha])ow means a game where he''s the supervisor and a different style of game.
import money.*;#include "cas.h"uses bucks;
Well, yes, I do want to start a DIFFERENT project, but it doesn''t mean I''m the boss of anyone . It just means an open, community based game, and I''m the one trying to get some support for it, so if anyone is willing to help, please feel free! Perhaps we can start by thinking about the type of game that we want to create.

1. RPG

2. Action FPS

3. Adventure, etc.

A FPS game, however may be too complicated for some people to participate in, so I would go with either and RPG or adventure, I just put the FPS there for idea . So, please, you don''t have to, but if you could, help to keep this thread going!

THANKS
Well, I''m skeptical as to whether a game could be accomplished without strong leadership. That is the downfall of so many gamedev team, it''s not even funny. If you want it to work, be prepared to shoulder a lot of bullsh*t for everyone else, if you don''t make it really easy for people top participate, they won''t. Simple as that.

If an RPG or adventure, I voulenteer my skills as a writer and designer, on a very part-time basis. I create concepts and make suggestions, but I don''t really have the time to be directly involved. Be warned, though, I have very weird standards.

Let me know if anything comes of this.

This post was brought to you by the letter "Land", and the number "Fish!"
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Yeah, I''m the other guy Shadow Mentioned... I think we can do a public project here at Gamedev, I need a "yes" from anyone who feels they''re committed, or would at least like to help a bit I would personally like to develop something strategic with RPG elements, but that''s just my personal preference, I''ll work on anything (''cause I''m sick of working on project as director, designer, lead artist, lead programmer, lead musician, lead tester, and publisher! e.g. I can''t do everything myself lol)

So, post post post people, let''s get some ideas! We''ll get another topic out soon to have a vote for anyone who wants to be involved to vote on what the project will be. Well, I hope to see everyone soon.. add me to your ICQ list #33337046 if you''re interested, I''m on most of the time. If you''re interested, make sure you''ve got a copy of MS Visual C++ 5 or 6!
I''m a 3D graphics programmer old-timer,
from DOS, back when you had to do everything.
Right now I''m learning Visual C++ 6.0 with
Ivor Horton''s book, which is excelent, and
I''m also taking some first steps into OpenGL.
I have my own game group in my city, here
in Portugal, but I am interested in participating
in this project. I''m 21, I can scriptwrite,
work in 3D Studio and program games and graphics,
so..........

call me Jadar,
pentium3id@hotmail.com
lotsjunk@hotmail.com
ICQ = 382 65 227

Hugo Ferreira
I'm more the willing to help you with the design and those kind of things. I'm open for any kind of game (except maybe a driving game, unless it's a fresh idea), my schedule is pretty tight though so it will be on a part-time basis, but that should not be any problems I think.

Sha])ow, I think you should set up some kind of webpage for all this, nothing advanced or anything, just something that tells everyone what the situation is and so on. Communication is the key to a successful project.

-------
Padrino
-------

Edited by - Padrino on June 10, 2000 5:18:19 AM
-------Padrino-------
That''s a good idea Padrino I''ll try to get one up a.s.a.p. But, it would be nice if I had somewhere to post it, because, your web page gets noticed more usually (I said usually) if you have a short address (hmmm, www.ourgamepage.gamedev.net ). If anyone wants to contibute to that(say, artwork), let me know. I could make the art for the page myself, but maybey someone who''s better then me wants to give it a try

Shadow(audette@nrtco.net)
ICQ# 29204573
http://pub16.ezboard.com/bpublicgameprojectpgp
THE OFFICAL Public Game Project MESSAGE BOARD
:D
Have fun!

||--------------------------||Black Hole Productionshttp://bhp.nydus.netResident expert on stuffmax621@barrysworld.com||--------------------------||

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement