Cell Phone

Started by
3 comments, last by Chakal 20 years, 10 months ago
What is the best ( and less hard ) way to learn to programm games in cell phones??? What is the best (company name)/model cell phone to start?? Thank Chakal
Advertisement
Personally speaking, I fing the Nokia emulators to be the best, although sound support is often a hit and miss affair. You''ll tend to find that emulators use a different threading model to the actual devices, which can be a pain. You can also download the apps into several Nokia phones using Bluetooth, serial or irda.

Skizz
Probably J2ME (http://java.sun.com/j2me/) but you might want to check out the links on Here aswell. I''m also using a book called "Micro Java Games Development" which has been pretty helpful so far.
APE
Also, you can use GapiDraw (a free API) to write c++ games that can be built for Pocket PC''s, PC''s, and SmartPhones. I''m developing a GapiDraw game for Pocket PC, and while I''ve never done it, I know you can easily write games for SmartPhones as well. What I don''t know is anything about SmartPhones, though I assume they''re some sort of cell phone . You''ll have to look into that yourself. Sorry.
I can imagine a world without hate, a world without fear, a world without war. And I can imagine us attacking that world, because they would never expect it. -Jack Handy
Well, I got a smartphone ( 2002 ), and you''re right, it''s just a type of cell phone Just with windows on it really.

Death of one is a tragedy, death of a million is just a statistic.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement