• Create Account

Anybody used a game agent

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 cliffski   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 June 2000 - 04:31 AM

I know there are ''standard arguments against using agents because of the cost, but has anyone here used an agent to help shop their game to publishers? I have a strategy game ( a good one, we are talking over 18 months development) but am having trouble getting some publishers to look at the game. I think its crazy to waste time on hold on phonecalls, or sending emails that are never opened, time I could be spent coding. This reminds me hideously of the Music biz, where bands that do well are those with the right connections, regardless of talent. I hate to think that the games biz is THAT bad though. Does anyone have any real-world experienc with game agents and any recommendations for or against? Cheers http://www.positech.co.uk

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 14 June 2000 - 01:42 PM

I''m writing to let you know of a problem with your web page. You''re using backslash characters as part of your URLs. You should replace these with slash characters ("/") as it makes your pages visible to people on unix systems (and is simply more correct). As it stands all the images on your page appear as broken. What''s worse, when I follow the links on your page I get an error message. Replacing "\" with "/" should fix it. If potential publishers are looking at this page you''d do well to fix it so you can create a good first impression.

#3 spikey   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 June 2000 - 03:42 AM

On this page you find contacts of the importants agents!
Look also at there sites.

http://www.hasbrointeractive.com/hi/gamebrokers.htm

Edited by - spikey on June 15, 2000 10:48:11 AM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS