• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Athlon Processors and Logic Sequencers

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kaspian   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 June 2000 - 07:01 AM

I''m thinking of upgrading my processor to 800 or so Mhz but I''m tempted to do it with an Athlon. Now I know it isn'' as good as a Pentium III/Coppermine when it comes to running applications but I was wondering if anyone knew if the processor fell short when running Logic, and if so how much of a hit does performance take?

Sponsor:

#2 vallis   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 June 2000 - 07:04 AM

I have an Athlon 733 and in every benchmark I have seen it outperforms PIII''s by about 20%

The FPU is far better than even the Coppermines, (30% I read in one review).

I''m not too biased on this either, as I owned a Celeron before and was quite happy with it. The things above are simply what I found out doing research before I bought my Athlon (at that point I didn;t know whether i''d get a PIII)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS