Are there any cool Java games?

Started by
4 comments, last by GreG_K 23 years, 10 months ago
Where can I see some good Java games, there are a few I''ve hear of that are exceptionally good. If anyone knows any websites to get cool java games, can you please tell me? Greg K.
Greg K.
Advertisement
One game that I never beat was Burning Metal 3D. For a game that looks like a 3D Java demo it just seemed to go on and on and on.... I mean there were bonus levels and cool strategies that you developed, it was cool. Best of all it looks pretty good on a Celeron 400 with no 3d accelerator (but you had to have a JIT jvm running to get it up to speed). Definitely a good game to spend some time on (it even had music and sound effects, I''m still impressed). And then there was like the first 3d java game Jumpthat played a lot like Mario 64. Never beat it either, cause that game had about 18 levels. Litecom also has this game called Rollerboy that plays alot like Mario 1-3. The graphics are real shot, but the fun comes from just seeing how far you can go. Again I haven''t beaten this one yet. A word of warning about all the games on litecom is that the banners really mess up the experience. It''s pretty bad, even if you''re playing on a T1. Someone should tell them that.
Then there''s Karl Hornell''s site which has a couple of good arcade style games. I think the coolest applet on there is the adaptation of the old game "A Thing on A Spring" that he calls Urbanoids. It has got to rank up there among the most original concepts that I''ve come across in a long time. Look for it under the Applets tag.

I think that one of the veterans here at gamedev is making an applet based "real (I mean that in the sarcastic sense, you actually get a slot of time to move your guys around with much like a civ-style game) time strategy game, whose graphics definitely are on par with Starcraft. I thought it was TheGoop''s game, but I''m not sure. Someone here should know for certain.

Well that''s all the applets I know of...

Have fun,

joeG
joeG
No, it's Mason McCuskey's game. You can find more info about it at Spin Studios

Um, nevermind. It must of been some other site. Still go check it out though

joeG

Edited by - joeG on June 16, 2000 4:57:24 PM

Edited by - joeG on June 16, 2000 5:03:03 PM
joeG
Is there anyone at gamedev attempting to make a java game?
I just wanna ask what it takes to make a Java game fast(everyone says it''s slow) Is there a certain compiler or API or something that you need?

Greg K.
Greg K.
I''ve seen a couple of good games over at www.heat.net a while back.

------------------------
Captured Reality.
I'm making one here

Note that it requires a one time download of Java Plug-in. And yes, the page itself isn't that good (i.e. its under construction ), but the game should work. Tell me what you think or if you have any suggestions/ideas for improvement.

Edited by - QuaXiFalen on June 16, 2000 11:23:37 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement