Getting char from DIK_xxxxx...?!?

Started by
2 comments, last by BriarLoDeran 23 years, 10 months ago
Good day comrades... This seems like it should be exceedingly simple. Often times it seems like I get stuck on the exceedingly simple...but that''s another story. Ok, all I want to know is, how do I get the ASCII char from, for example, DIK_A. All I want is the value 65 for this. How exactly does one go about doing this? Short of a MASSIVE if or case statement, I am stuck. Has anyone been down this road before? Thanks, -> Briar LoDeran <-
Advertisement
There is realy no reason to get an ASCII state with direct input. You can do anything you want by using the integer associated with the DIK value.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
I was down the same road. I was using DINPUT for my console. Though found Windows Messages Fast Enough, and Easier for text than Dinput. Yet, heres the link I did it from:
http://www.witchlord.com/shortcuts/scan2ascii.asp
Thanks Spellbound, er Witchlord(Keep forgettin)
You''re welcome

But as I say on that page it wasn''t me who came up with the code, it was Photon. You can find the link to the original article on the page.

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement