VB Keyboard

Started by
1 comment, last by Last Attacker 20 years, 9 months ago
Hey guys, How can I retrive keyboard input in a vb. app. ? As part of my calculator, I want the user to do calculations from the keyboard, like Windows''s calculator. My calc. is almost done and only needs the floating calc. part to be finished. This is mostly a calculator for programmers who does binary, decimal, octal or hex calculations. I tried to make it as "lite" and user friendly as posible. Thanks ----------=Last Attacker=---------- ICQ: 120585863 E-mail: laextr@icqmail.com
"Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires" - Psalm 37:4My Blog
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Last Attacker
Hey guys,

How can I retrive keyboard input in a vb. app. ?

As part of my calculator, I want the user to do calculations from the keyboard, like Windows''s calculator.

My calc. is almost done and only needs the floating calc. part to be finished. This is mostly a calculator for programmers who does binary, decimal, octal or hex calculations.
I tried to make it as "lite" and user friendly as posible.

Thanks

<font color="E0892E">----------=Last Attacker=---------- </font>

<font color="GREEN">ICQ: 120585863 </font>
<font color="YELLOW">E-mail: </font><A HREF="mailto:laextr@icqmail.com">laextr@icqmail.com</A>

You can use the API call GetAsyncKeyState.
Or set the KeyPreview property of the calculator form to true. The form will now receive all the key-strokes in KeyUp, KeyDown and KeyPress events.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement