strategy board game completed--looking for feedback

Started by
1 comment, last by modemancer 20 years, 9 months ago
Hello everyone, I''d like to announce Gateway to Destiny''s first complete freeware game, a strategy boardgame based on Checkers called KingMe! Screenshots and the download are located here. I''ve worked and reworked this game for quite some time, and I''m looking for comments and suggestions so we can improve our designs for future projects. All comments welcome! Modemancer <a href="www.gatewaytodestiny.net>Gateway to Destiny Games
Modemancer
Advertisement
I didn''t like the game. I think the original checkers game is more entertaining... You should have looked for some more things that made your game different.

Besides that, you should really work on your graphics. They''re quite ugly. I would advise you to go for simpler graphics. I think the most important aspect of a game''s graphics is tidiness. Take a look at other more professional games to see what their splash screens, menus and in-game graphics look like and try to learn from them. Go for a simple, tidy design rather than low-quality 3d pre-rendered graphics.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but it''s my honest opinion. Take it as constructive criticism.
Actually, I welcome any criticism. Having no artistic talent of my own, or access to an artist who can sync with my own erratic work hours, I have turned to various software tools to help me out. I used Poser 4 to generate the game Icons and various animations. While it is no replacement for a quality 3D or 2D human artist, it was an ideal compromise for me. While I personally didn''t think there was anything ugly about the game, and I thought the game was pretty tidy, it''s the end-user''s opinion that ultimately matters, so thank you for your comments.

Any other opinions? I''m also curious about opinions on the game music and sound effects.

Modemancer
Gateway to Destiny Games
Modemancer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement