• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

C++ question

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fender148   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 June 2000 - 06:36 PM

I have a question about C++. The book I''m learning from has a section on error catching, using the try and catch statements, and I was curious if this was worth anything when it comes to making games or in general. Just curious, thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 Frag_Daddy_   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 June 2000 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, use it when you think something might mess up, but it''s not always needed.`

#3 MadKeithV   Moderators   -  Reputation: 971

Posted 21 June 2000 - 11:42 PM

Have a look at Kylotan and Null-pointer''s thread on Exceptions a while back. That''s a VERY in-depth philosophical discussion about the use of those constructs.

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment..
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~

#4 Kylotan   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3338

Posted 23 June 2000 - 04:09 AM

Not to mention the virtues of logic, garbage collection, typecasting, C++ vs. Java, virtual machines, scripting, the role of the game designer today, blah blah blah...

I do go on a bit, don''t I? 879 posts and counting... *cough*

At least I can take some solace in the fact that you''re right behind me, MadKeithV

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS