About a Registry Function

Started by
-1 comments, last by way_out_west 20 years, 9 months ago
I'm having a bit of trouble with Registry Functions in the win32 API. I'm trying to make a workstation manager .DLL that constantly enumerates through certain keys/values in the registry... Here is the code: HKEY ExplorerPolicies; RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Policies\\Explorer", NULL, KEY_ALL_ACCESS, &ExplorerPolicies); char PolicyName[2048]; BYTE PolicyValue[2048]; DWORD PolicyType; for (int i = 0, retCode = ERROR_SUCCESS; retCode != ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS; i++) { DWORD PolicyValueSize = sizeof(PolicyValue); unsigned long PolicyNameSize = sizeof(PolicyName); retCode = RegEnumValue(ExplorerPolicies, i, PolicyName, &PolicyNameSize, NULL, &PolicyType, PolicyValue, &PolicyValueSize); if (retCode == ERROR_SUCCESS) { MessageBox(NULL, PolicyName, "Registry Value", MB_ICONINFORMATION); } } Now the problem is that it only recognises half of the values in a key/subkey in the registry... I don't think this is meant to happen- but I've tried almost everything and it's becoming really frustrating. [edited by - way_out_west on July 25, 2003 11:02:54 AM] [edited by - way_out_west on July 25, 2003 11:03:56 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement