• Create Account

Cheap Speakers and the Universal Mix

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kaspian   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 24 June 2000 - 05:52 PM

I''m having a problem where a tune I''ve made is giving off a somewhat Flangie sound when played on a cheap set of computer speakers. Do you think it''s a limitation of the speakers or is there perhaps too much reverb or something like that which is causing the problem?

Sponsor:

#2 SonicSilcion   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 June 2000 - 05:44 AM

One thought, either the soundcard or the speakers have spatialization built in and turned on. This is a type of audio processing that typically makes a stereo field sound wider than the distance between the speakers. I''ve known it to also amplify blemishes or distort other audio processing {such as reverb and chorus.} If either does have spatialization, they''ll have a marking like SRS(o),Super Stereo, or 3D Wide Sound. In this case, see if there is a way of disabling it.

---Sonic Silicon---

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS