LOTR: The Two Towers Contest

Started by
41 comments, last by the_recon 20 years, 7 months ago
Who here is entering/has entered/or are considering to enter the contest? =)
Js
Advertisement
So far my demo only has two scenes, and is far from complete. I spent all summer first learning mfc, then writing an animation sdk that i only had one week to finish the demo...to top that im moving to Waterloo (U Waterloo in Canada) tomorrow, so i have to pack up my comp today. I''ll see if i can pull off one more scene before i leave. Should i really send in an imcomplete demo?

I sent in my contest entry this morning (as Michael Wallace). I worked real hard on it and am very happy with the results. I think that you should definitely send in what you have. You may not win, but it should show that Nehe''s competitions are popular amongst the community. It would really be a pity if Creative decided not to sponsor future competitions etc. NeHe works really hard on maintaining and supporting the site. A large turnout would show him that all the work is worthwhile
k..."now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn!"
Yah, I don''t have enough time to complete it but i send it anyway. The last scence is a bit odd..hehe
I wish I had entered to support nehe, but I opted for GDArena instead because it had more time to be worked on. Oh well, I'll enter the next contest, hopefully with something better than my sub-screensaver-quality 3D maze from halloween.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

"e-Patents" are like trying to patent long numbers composed of 1's and 0's. Except they happen to give big corperations a lot more money.

[edited by - cowsarenotevil on August 31, 2003 12:03:57 AM]
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil
I wish I had entered to support nehe, but I opted for GDArena instead because it had more time to be worked on.

Because NeHe didn't give us enough time ?

Well personally I'm in a bad position to give lessons since I almost didn't work on my entry. I was told I would get fired if I sent in one, but anyway I just couldn't resist and wrote something last night, even if it is ridiculous and dangerous. I rather consider it as a technical try. At least other entrants can not feel like their entry is the worst one submitted

[edited by - vincoof on September 1, 2003 4:15:20 AM]
Pheeeeew.
Submitted mine about 2 minutes ago, as Brian Truitt.

My brain hurts.

Basically rewrote my entire demo over the past 24 hours from a prototype I had written of it at the start, both to completely revamp how it was storing stuff, and to rewrite code I accidentally deleted. But, I got it done and in, WHEEEE!

Good luck folks, I doubt mine''s a winner but hopefully folks enjoy it a bit and it was good practice getting into OpenGL again.
The work on my entry halted after I uppgraded my motherboard and found out that there was no agp-support for it and therefore no opengl support.
If you don''t mind me asking, vincoof, why would you get in trouble?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement