Car Stereo

Started by
-1 comments, last by Dwiel 20 years, 7 months ago
Hey, I am trying to figure how I should get the best car sterio system I can using what I have which is: portable MP3 CD Player old amplifier (120w @ 120vac; built to be used in a home) speakers - (also made to be used in home... they are about 1.5'' tall) car sterio - ONLY FM/AM 10ohm front/back speakers in car 60 subwoofer with built in amplifier (for use in home ~ 60w @ 120vac input) ~$125 One thing that I have been thinking about lately is getting a DC/AC inverter and using all of my eq made for use in homes. This way I can spend money on an inverter only ( less than $30 for 300w). Does this seem to be a viable option? Maybe just mount my speakers in the back or just have them sitting in the rear windshield area... The only problem with this is theft. I really don''t want this stuff stolen and if it isn''t well secured, I don''t know how safe this is. Another options is to go with speakers/amplifer made for use with a computer. Just get some nice ones, mount them behind the driver''s seat or even in the spots where my front speakers are currently, if they are small enough. It would be nie if I could these because they would sound good, would be less entising to steal, they could be mounted into the front/windshield/dash area. How do these idea''s sound? You might be wondering why I don''t just get a nice CD player, put it into my ar like anyone else, and be done with it. A very reasonable question. The answer: My speakers in the car are 10ohm; not too many CD players are compatible with 10ohm speakers, I''d have to get new ones = $$$. It would not play MP3s which I find sooo handy and usefull in my portable CD player. It would cost lots of money for a relatively crappy result. What do you think about each of these options? Thanks Dwiel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement