VC++ AutoComplete

Started by
8 comments, last by HyprLogik 23 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I''m just new at this... I''m making a simple OpenGL program, but every time I use an OpenGL function from one of the OpenGL header files, the auto-complete won''t work in VC++ 6. Any suggestions?? I have already included the header files and everything; everything compiles and builds nicely; it''s just that I can''t get the stupid auto-complete feature to work. For example, I type in glTranslatef( ... and no list pops up. It does work, however for any native Windows functions. Thanks for any help. |-|A[k3R$Z R \/\/|-|AT |V|Ak3 t|-|3 \/\/0R|_D g0 R0|_||\|D!!
|-|A[k3R$Z R //|-|AT |V|Ak3 t|-|3 //0R|_D g0 R0|_|||D!!
Advertisement
One idea is create a new folder in your project and label
if OpenGL Headers.

In this folder right click and do ''Add files to project...'' and
add the OpenGL Headers. Should fix the problem (I think - going
from memory here !)

--
Code..reboot..code..reboot..sigh!
MrF.--Code..reboot..code..reboot..sigh!
I just tried this, and nothing happened... anybody else have any other ideas? This has been bugging me for some time now but I never got around to posting it...

Hi there, I''m AnCcE, and you''d be too if you weren''t somebody else.
Hi there, I''m AnCcE, and you''d be too if you weren''t somebody else.
Isn''t directX wonderful, you put a -> and a list of useful functions pops up all with argument lists. Well, if you embed the OGL headers into your project''s folder and include them with "" instead of < > you should get an autocomplete if you''re using VC++ version 6. It doesn''t work with version 5.

------------------------------
#pragma twice
quote:Original post by MrFlibble

One idea is create a new folder in your project and label
if OpenGL Headers.

In this folder right click and do ''Add files to project...'' and
add the OpenGL Headers. Should fix the problem (I think - going
from memory here !)

--
Code..reboot..code..reboot..sigh!

Use Windows 2000 its just Code...Code.....Code
May be a few(Cntrl+Shft+Esc) in between!

Raptor
Yeah, I tried everything, but this nice VC++ feature doesn''t work with GL. Heads up, look at our poor Mac friends who have to use Code Warrior, they never get any help ;-) And OpenGL has sooooo few commands, you''ll be familar with them before you fixex the auto-complet problem ;-))

Tim

--------------------------
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.glvelocity.com
Tim--------------------------glvelocity.gamedev.netwww.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
Adding the header files to your project (and you only need to keep them there long enough for the auto-complete dictionary to compile, this is per project) should work. Works for me for DX7 and 8 headers (VC++ 6 comes with DX6 headers).

-Mitch
The autocomplete feature works about half the time on my code.
Almost always on Win32 stuff, usaully on Dx stuff (not always) and 50/50 on my classes. And never on d3dx stuff.

-Magmai Kai Holmlor

I am brazen and fear no flames.
(So long as I don't lose this Ring of Fire Protection +5)
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Well Tim, I guess you''re right; this autocomplete feature just doesn''t work for OpenGL. Perhaps some stupid thing that was done preventing this to work on anything not proprietary from Microsoft, eh? Yeah, I do know that it worked when I was using DirectX, but when I use OpenGL, the member auto-listing feature just goes away for some screwy reason. Oh well, what can we do, that''s Microsoft for you.

|-|A[k3R$Z R \/\/|-|AT |V|Ak3 t|-|3 \/\/0R|_D g0 R0|_||\|D!!
|-|A[k3R$Z R //|-|AT |V|Ak3 t|-|3 //0R|_D g0 R0|_|||D!!
yup ... it doesnt work for opengl functions ... i tried everything

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement