• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Opinions : Recursive Directory Layout?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 TheRelic   Members   -  Reputation: 134

Posted 09 July 2000 - 06:02 PM

Looking for opinions... I am designing a game rules core and I was wondering if I should use multiple directories for game data layout or not. Example... GameGalaxy/Cluster/Starsytem/OrbitalBody/StuffOnOrbitalBody I am trying to weigh options for using multiple directories, and against it. With it, I can break down a lot of data into little pieces, but it might make it easy for anyone with a hex editor to manipulate data. It may take a bit more data since a file has at least #k allocated to each also. Without it, there is much slower loading of information be searching out the parts needed from only a few limited files, but makes it a bit harder to edit since a simple checksum set can be added for security. Currently I am leading toward the directory structures, but I am not sure if I am missing any of the pros and cons. Ken. therelic@netzero.net

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS