MiniContest: Name Your GameDev.net e-mail

Started by
47 comments, last by Myopic Rhino 23 years, 9 months ago
People have been requesting that we provide e-mail accounts to our users. Finally, we have the opportunity to do exactly that, but we need your help in coming up with a domain. For various reasons, we can''t use gamedev.net for the domain, and although we''ve kicked around various ideas ourselves, we thought we''d call on the creativity of our users to come up with the best possible domain name for GDNet user e-mail accounts. So, we''re holding a mini-contest. The Rules
  1. You should submit your suggestion to webmaster@gamedev.net. Do not post it here or in any of the forums or chatroom.
  2. The domain has to be available.
  3. Your idea must be received by Midnight, EST, on July 16th
Suggestions The name should probably have something to do with game dev and e-mail, and will preferably be short and easy to remember. The Prize The winner will receive ... drum roll ... a GDNet t-shirt!!! Yeah, okay, it''s not the greatest prize in the world, but how much work is this really going to take? We can''t give everyone a GeForce2. You''ll also have the satisfaction that all your GDNet peers will think you''re super-spiffy. Disclaimer We reserve the right to not select a winner, if the judges feel that no entry is appropriate for the stated purpose. I think that''s it. If you have questions, feel free to e-mail me or post here, but again, PLEASE don''t post your suggestion here.
Advertisement
wtf you on about? *grin*

http://www.thisisnurgle.org.uk

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

i submitted

hope i win and get that leet tshirt
NOOOOO!!!!!
pizzamaster.com is taken... cry godfree, cry!!!

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
I thihk Dave said NOT to post suggestions here...

------------------------
Captured Reality
that''s not a suggestion u know. *grin*

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
(DISCLAIMER: The following is a joke, intended to make you laugh so hard you spill your drink on the keyboard.)

"darkmageiscooldonteverarguewithmeoriwillkickyourbuttonthiefmultiplayerohwaitthiefisntmultiplayer.com" is a cool name isn't it?

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"

Edited by - DarkMage139 on July 12, 2000 2:54:40 PM
- DarkMage139
i bet you can''t register a name that long

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
How about
name@StarvingDeveloper.net
AfastrunnerAKA Camelboy
no suggestions here
one more time...