Which 3D Card?

Started by
13 comments, last by homer 23 years, 9 months ago
I'm buying a new computer soon to serve as a workstation. It probably won't get used with games much (Windows 2000), but I still want it to be able to handle them if I need it to. I've pretty much got an option of two cards. ELSA Synergy Force or Diamond Viper 770D. Sounds like the Synergy Force performs better for what I'm doing, and I'm probably going to go with it, but I just wanted some input. Edited by - homer on 7/11/00 4:05:39 PM
Advertisement
I always thought diamond viper was better. for no particular reason, just like the name of it

why don''t you get something more hi-tech?

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
Got anything in mind? I know it's going to be cost more than a mainstream card, but I don't want to spend too much on it. I'd also like it to be Linux compatible (most are).

Edited by - homer on July 11, 2000 5:27:34 PM
A Diamond Viper 770 is good if you aren''t doing OpenGL. I don''t know what the other one is.

------------------------
Captured Reality
nessy''s gonna hate me for this:
get v5

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
v5''s are crap with an overhyped t-buffer.

------------------------
Captured Reality
t-buffer is the best feature they ever put on a vid card

nessy''s just pissed off cuz he can''t get it himself (kidding)

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
T-Buffer is just a renamed accumulation buffer. It''s not a new idea. Plus V5''s are way overhiped. In other words:
quote:
v5''s are crap with an overhyped t-buffer.

Yep, that sounds right .

Get a Geforce2 .

----------------------------------------
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me? Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
whatever. i still like v5. are you saying that u''re not gonna accept it if someone says "here, i will sell you this v5 for $10"

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
quote:
are you saying that u''re not gonna accept it if someone says "here, i will sell you this v5 for $10"

No, but I''m not going to accept it if someone says "here''s a voodoo5 for $600". (which is about the selling price for the V5 6000, I believe).

----------------------------------------
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me? Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement