Are Games Expensive?

Started by
23 comments, last by STVOY 23 years, 9 months ago
Well Now, I was thinking to myself (as I often do) are games really value for money. I mean for the same £20 - £30 I can buy my favourite album, a CD rack and a new book(s). WOW are games really worth it, or are the corporate giants just ripping us off. I know that I will never not by games. By god I just can''t resist. But what does everyone else think? STVOY Mega Moh Mine!!
Advertisement
Acording to a article a couple years ago that was published in Next Generation. Not really and I agree with them. Its a lot of work in programming design debugging etc. Its mainly the debugging that you are paying for.
I wish there was a button on my monitor to turn up the intellegince. Theres a button called 'brightness' but it doesn't work
hey, dont forget, u''re in a game developer community and we all beleive that we should get paid well for what we do

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
games never was expensive for me...

============
-and i will make a termal usine with concrete, plutonioum and paper bags.
-nanny we have paper bags???
gonzo. Muppet babies
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
a good price for game: between 40 ot 60 bucks (canadian) but only for some high quality games. i''m not gonna pay 30 bucks for that "who wants to be a millionaire" crap

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
I wouldn''t play ''Who''s a Wanna-be Millionaire'' ever, even if they make a free web edition. Anywho... I generally buy games at computer shows now when they''re US$20 or less. Sometimes they''re boxed, other times just the CD, jewel case, and install manual. {really cheap, but sometimes no support from the company.} I also poke around for bundles or ''gold'' editions of older games. In the end, I spend less on a decent computer and lots of PC games than I would on a console and comparable titles. Console games just don''t devalue as much or as quickly {heck, I can hardly find Atari 2600 carts for a buck anymore since they''re mostly on eBay now.}
It depends where you live.

Anything bought here in Quebec costs 70% more bucks than a game bought in the US.
1.5 exchange rate + 15% taxes.

Games I buy worth it, but it still is more than 70$ on many new games. It hurts the wallet...

Long live Classic editions! I bought WarCraft 2 B.Net for 20 Canadian bucks.

EL

----------------------------------------
"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4
----------------------------------------"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4
dmeon lord:
that''s 65% not 70%
and it''s the same in ontario too

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
Demon Lord, don''t forget... not only are they expensive, but half the places only sell games in FRENCH! Eeeeek! Plus, they are usually more expensive in french too, because it cost the company money to translate it.

Where are you located Demon? I''m in Sherbrooke.
In fact, with a 1.48 exchange rate and 15.56% taxes (7% federal, 8% prvincial, or is it the other way around?), it adds up to 71%

I''m in Chicoutimi, QC.

Last game I bought was Legend of Mana. Since no store had it up to this week, I bought it from EBWorld.com. No taxes, 4$US shipping fees, got it weeks ago.

As for translating games, most console games only have the booklet translated. Nice to see a month delay to translate 40 pages to French while there still are hundreds of pages of text in English in the game itself.

Anyway, I don''t care at all about video game translation. After all, I first learnt my English playing Final Fantasy, when I was 10 or so...

EL

----------------------------------------
"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4
----------------------------------------"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement