• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

playing directmusic continuosly..

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 HellRiZZer   Members   -  Reputation: 308

Posted 19 July 2000 - 03:22 PM

I got 4 songs in .wav format.. And I need help for how to play them one after each other (play 1st song, play 2nd song, play 3rd song, play 1st song..) and so on.. I just need to know how to perform the check in DX7 when the song ends I''ve looked in functions, there is a function GetLength() or something like it, but it doesn''t work.. PLEASE HELP!!

Sponsor:

#2 Colin Barry   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 July 2000 - 11:22 PM

Really lazy approach : Concatenate all the wav''s into one big chunky one, and have DirectSound loop it.

#3 cyberben   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 July 2000 - 11:41 AM

Use GetStatus() which will return the status of the passed DirectSound Buffer, when it returns a stop state increment some sort of song counter, load that song and play it, when it stops, increment the counter.... get the idea?
Good luck!
See ya,
- Ben

#4 HellRiZZer   Members   -  Reputation: 308

Posted 23 July 2000 - 01:01 PM

Thanks! your GetStatus() completely solves my prob! Ask for help from me anytime, and if i can help - i will!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS