basic4gl

Started by
4 comments, last by writh 20 years, 2 months ago
I am not shore if this is the place that I should post this or not but here is goes I found this scripting langue called basic4gl you can take a look here http://www.basic4gl.net it has recently went open source the source is in win 32 format and I would like to recompile it as a dll and would like to know how to do that ______________________ ____::________::______ ____::___::___::______ _::______::______::___ __::____________::____ ____::::::::::::______
Peace Code & Coffee :)
Advertisement
That thing looks interesting.
I am not sure if it can be recompiled as a dll, due to its nature. But if it can, the General Programming forum is where to ask here, or perhaps on their own forums at http://basic4gl.proboards20.com/.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]
Okay I should try to clarify what I mean I don’t wont the whole app that is running the langue I don’t wont most of the app I just want the langue that the app runs as a dll so I can use it in several programs I am working on at the same time

__::____________::____
____::::::::::::______
Peace Code & Coffee :)
The source code is organised into the "TomVM" folder, which contains all the virtual machine source:

vm*.cpp
TomVM.cpp

And the "TomBasicCompiler" folder, which contains the compiler part, the user interface and bindings to OpenGL and other functions.
The compiler files are:

comp*.cpp
TomComp.cpp

The VM and compiler files form the core of the language engine. The rest is the UI (which you don''t need) and bindings to various library functions (which you would most likely replace with your own.)

I should warn you though that while I''ve considered making a general purpose scripting engine version of the Basic4GL language, I haven''t actually done it yet, nor fully worked through all the issues.
There are a few off-the-shelf scripting languages around now, so if you''re looking for a quick and easy solution you''re probably better off checking out some of those.

But if you''re still interested in the Basic4GL approach, feel free to email me (tmulgrew@slingshot.co.nz) or post in the Basic4GL forums.

-Tom
Thinks for your reply I think I can get something done with that. I know about the off the shelf scripting langues like Luna or python but I want something that is fully open source so I can lack of a bettor word hack it. Most of the other are not open source but they do have libraries where you can expand the languets if you want. But in this case I am more interested in how to compile down the text string into some kind of bite code. I already have a byte code string that I put together my self but I want to add more to it and my langue acts simmler to this one that’s why I’m using this as a model

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement