Help in Game Development

Started by
4 comments, last by WireframeZ 23 years, 8 months ago
OK! Let''s see if this People around Kan Help me. I started several projects a few months ago, one of them is about Gamming. The game is basicly designed in Paper the programming classes are made, a bit of artwork is made too, the money to make it offcourse it does not exist, and possibilities of getting the money are basicaly zero without a prototype... So What I want from You is to know the best way to aproach the situation, I thought of a 3D engine like Genesis, but the game is a bit like Civilization so I just needed a 2D engine, but if I had a 3D engine I could do everything in 3D. If any of you have Game developer experience that could point to several tools to help the game developing and tips for other Game development strategies... Thank''s any way.... Tigas... Tiago Carita
Tiago Carita
Advertisement
well, it depends on what type of game you want to create. if it''s 2d, I would recomend the Windows port of Allegro. It''s just a big wrapper for DirectX. VERY easy to use. for 3d stuff, I don''t know what would be easy to use. OpenGL is pretty easy, I''m sure Genisis is pretty easy too, it comes with source for a whole game. also, D3dx isn''t too tough. I guess it just depends on what you want to do.

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
we need the newbie song in here ...well not really
I wish there was a button on my monitor to turn up the intellegince. Theres a button called 'brightness' but it doesn't work

Hey I''ve never heard the newbie song... Somone sing it!

------------------------
Captured Reality
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-----I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.
it was in a post not to long ago search for "newbie song"
I wish there was a button on my monitor to turn up the intellegince. Theres a button called 'brightness' but it doesn't work
quote:Original post by Julio

well, it depends on what type of game you want to create. if it''s 2d, I would recomend the Windows port of Allegro. It''s just a big wrapper for DirectX. VERY easy to use. for 3d stuff, I don''t know what would be easy to use. OpenGL is pretty easy, I''m sure Genisis is pretty easy too, it comes with source for a whole game. also, D3dx isn''t too tough. I guess it just depends on what you want to do.

-----------

Well, I''m not the programmer, I''m the Game designer, public relations, art director, 3d all around and all the other fancy names I can remember. So I don''t know what we really need besides money offcourse.
I''ve already Genesis and it works in C++ that is an advantage for the programmer that is working with me.
But maybe some could direct me to Windows port of Allegro so i could check it...

Thx...

Tiago Carita
Tiago Carita

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement