who's-who of #gamedev

Started by
4 comments, last by Justinfinity 23 years, 8 months ago
i'm thinking of doing a who's-who of the people who use the #gamedev channel on Afternet.org i decided to do this because while i know most of the people by their nicks, i thought it would be cool to get more info on everyone. here's the info i want to put on it: Real Name Usual Nickname Picture (optional) Channel Status (Op, voiced, regular, helper, lurker, etc) Occupation (your real job, including school) GameDev occupation (what you do that brings you to GDNet) Profile (age, location, etc; optional) anything else you want, let me know. the feilds will be filled out depending on what you send me, so don't be stupid about it please. no fake pics, too. i feel it lets people have an easy out instead of pic or no-pic. if you want to be included on the list, e-mail me at justinfinity@gdnmail.net the list will start out at www.bigfoot.com/~jowhite/gdnet-who once i get a few profiles and some time to gat a layout. if someone want to host it (the_enemy has already offered to put it with the stats page, which would be cool), that would be great. if someone would be willing to do it (i don't know ASP or PHP at all), i was thinking a comment system would be cool (moderated by us all of course) to get a good idea of how every feels about the channel users. then new-comers to the channel can go find out exactly who's-who from a personal perspective, as well as a peer perspective. BTW, if anyone wants to do the actual page design, just send me an example. i can do web design, but i don't have any formal artistic training, so my colors are usualy funky. -Justin White jowhite@bigfoot.com AIM: Just6979 www.bigfoot.com/~jowhite "To infinity and beyond!" -Buzz Lightyear "I can only show you the door. You must choose to go through it." -Morpheus "Your mind is like a parachute. It works best when open." -Anonymous "I know Kung-fu." -Neo "Ignorance is bliss" -Cypher "My name...is Neo!" -Neo Edited by - Justinfinity on 8/6/00 12:17:09 AM
-Justin Whitejowhite@bigfoot.comAIM: Just6979www.bigfoot.com/~jowhite"To infinity and beyond!" -Buzz Lightyear"I can only show you the door. You must choose to go through it." -Morpheus"Your mind is like a parachute. It works best when open." -Anonymous"I know Kung-fu." -Neo"Ignorance is bliss" -Cypher"My name...is Neo!" -Neo
Advertisement
The comments idea probably isnt a good one.. Could get a little offensive.. even if moderated, there isnt going to be too many comments good about some people (me especially )
You could have a form on the site to fill out instead of having to email you, that would be good.
you may have a point about the comments, maybe we could have some people (the gdnet staff, me [hey i thought of it!], etc) to check comments before posting.

the form idea is great. i''ll start on it tomorrow. the only thing is that it will have to be an e-mail form because i don''t have access to CGI or anything on geocities :-(

-Justin White

jowhite@bigfoot.com
AIM: Just6979
www.bigfoot.com/~jowhite

"To infinity and beyond!" -Buzz Lightyear
"I can only show you the door. You must choose to go through it." -Morpheus
"Your mind is like a parachute. It works best when open." -Anonymous
"I know Kung-fu." -Neo
"Ignorance is bliss" -Cypher
"My name...is Neo!" -Neo
-Justin Whitejowhite@bigfoot.comAIM: Just6979www.bigfoot.com/~jowhite"To infinity and beyond!" -Buzz Lightyear"I can only show you the door. You must choose to go through it." -Morpheus"Your mind is like a parachute. It works best when open." -Anonymous"I know Kung-fu." -Neo"Ignorance is bliss" -Cypher"My name...is Neo!" -Neo
just found out i do have CGI access, at least enough to get the form data e-mailed to me. i''ll implement that tomorrow. just have to remember the HTML for forms ;-)

-Justin White

jowhite@bigfoot.com
www.bigfoot.com/~jowhite

"I know Kung-fu." -Neo
"My name...is Neo!" -Neo
I think that''s a cool idea. Have a place to put in your gamedev name too.
For a good time hit Alt-F4! Go ahead try it, all the cool people are doing it.
good idea. i figured most people would have the same chat nick as their GDNet login, but you never know i guess.

-Justin White

jowhite@bigfoot.com
www.bigfoot.com/~jowhite

"I know Kung-fu." -Neo
"My name...is Neo!" -Neo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement