Why not let moderators edit the subject line?

Started by
10 comments, last by WitchLord 23 years, 8 months ago
I think is a very good idea. It would benefit everyone. The posts with offensive subject lines can be corrected so that they don''t offend any more. The posts with noninformative subject lines can be corrected so that the poster will get more answers from helpful readers. What do you say? Would this be feasable? - WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Yeah, good idea WitchLord! I''ve read to many subject lines saying ''I need help''. I''m not going to waste my time if I don''t know WHAT kind of help this person needs. So yes, if the moderators have time to do this kind of stuff, please do it!
--------------------------Programmers don't byte, they nibble a bit. Unknown Person-------------------------
I think there should be strict rules that would apply to such situations. I''m not for it at all as it stands, NO!

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
I think this is a cool idea WitchLord. What does the staff say about this ? Can it be done easily ? Another nice idea would be to put a little advice behind the subject text box in the post form. Maybe "Use meaningful subjects and don''t offend anybody" would be enough do discourage 90% of those posters. Maybe we could try that first ?

Tim

--------------------------
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
Tim--------------------------glvelocity.gamedev.netwww.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
quote:Original post by tcs
Maybe "Use meaningful subjects and don''t offend anybody" would be enough do discourage 90% of those posters. Maybe we could try that first ?

Tim

--------------------------
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity

I''m in total agreement with this if it helps. Test the waters as they say.

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
sounds good except for the fact that saying that in those words would encourage some. you should state it more professonally below (or above) the subject line when starting a new thread.

-mike

(btw, you might also think of letting the user change the name of the post, if so make it so the mods can ''lock'' it also, so peoples don''t make trouble)
Paul:

May I ask why you don''t like the idea? Is it that you think the moderators get too much power? If that is so, then consider that we can already today go in and modify your posts.

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

i think paul was saying he agreed with you?
he said he didn''t like it how it currently was.

-mike
That would help

Why Not?
Good idea!
Sometimes threads start with a topic, but after some posts the topic of the thread actually changes into something else...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement