• Create Account

- - - - -

error LNK2005: ... already defined in LIBC.lib

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Desdemona   Members   -  Reputation: 158

Posted 02 May 2004 - 07:25 PM

error LNK2005: ... already defined in LIBC.lib I just spent an eternity fighting with my compiler and getting the above error. I just figured I''d post the solution incase anyone else is experiencing the same problem. The problem started when I moved from using the .DLL to using the static-link library supplied with the AngelScript download. That .LIB is compiled using the multi-threaded standard libs, while my project is single-threaded. To solve this, either switch your project to use the multi-threaded libs (in the Configuration Properties,C/C++,Code Generation tab) or recompile the AngelScript lib to use the single-threaded libs. Andreas- Will compiling the library single-threaded cause any problems? death to linker errors

Sponsor:

#2 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3267

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:43 AM

AngelScript is currently single-threaded only so you should not have any trouble using it with the single-threaded CRT. However I prefer to compile with the multi-threaded dynamic libraries as it brings down the size of the executables.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS