still not able to get 1.7.0 working on my script. i dont know whats wrong and i havent found time to implement a static link. what are the code changed required to migrate 1.6.1 to 1.7.0.
i hope i get to fix this soon cos i have ceased development of the script and i dont get much time to work on AS.
Raptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
To do static linking instead of dynamic linking you need to do the following:
1. Include angelscript.h without defining ANGELSCRIPT_DLL_LIBRARY_IMPORT so that the functions will be declared for static linking
2. Include angelscript.h without defining ANGELSCRIPT_DLL_MANUAL_IMPORT so that the dll functions will be correctly declared by the header and included by the linker.
3. Remove your calls to LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress() and FreeLibrary().
4. If you're using the old style of dynamically loading then you might want to write a define to translate functions from using the prefix "as_" to using the prefix "as". Note, this is only necessary if you were previously defining the function pointers with these names manually.
5. If you are getting linkage errors, make sure the library has been compiled using the same run-time library. Check project settings -> C/C++ -> Code Generation.
Then of course you need to tell the linker to link with angelscript.lib. All the rest should be the same.
To continue with dynamic linking, you just need to compile the DLL using the project that come with the SDK. Don't forget to set the configuration to release version.
Some code changes are necessary to compile with the new version.
1. Use the new angelscript.h file from the SDK. Make sure it has the following line:
#define ANGELSCRIPT_VERSION 10700
2. If you are using ExecuteStep() you need to add the parameter 0 to the call, i.e ExecuteStep(0).
That should be all you have to do with your program code.
The library also support ExecuteString() now that you can use to execute console commands directly. But it is not necessary for the upgrade.
You shouldn't have to change your script code if all is correct. But the way global constants and global variables are compiled have changed so you might come upon a still unknown bug in this regards. If that is the case you need to tell me so that I can fix them.
__________________________________________________________ www.AngelCode.com - game development and more... AngelScript - free scripting library - Tower - free puzzle game
[edited by - WitchLord on May 12, 2004 4:54:36 PM]