• Create Account

Adult Multiplayer Game..

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic

#21 sunandshadow   Moderators   -  Reputation: 5057

Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:48 AM

quote:
Original post by haikuintherain
If you seem to be stuck in terms of where to go next one good approach is to resolve your idea. That is, make it more detailed and specific. Answer yourself these questions: Are you going to limit people to one Avatar? Are there going to be NPCs? Are you going to allow sex? What kind of settings do you want? Hopefully you can continue with these yourself..

There is nothing more crucial in designing a game than having a clear concise vision of what it should become.

haiku

I think the answers to thos question would have to be yes, yes, yes, and some permanent computer-controlled locations for the NPCs to hang around at and ''quests/puzzles'' to happen, and some player-assigned areas for them to personalize.

This idea must have had long enough to percolate in my brain, because I woke up this morning with a bunch of ideas for it.

Avatars - each player gets to create one Avatar, chosing among few basic appearance options. Then as the game progresses they can earn/collect improvements like funky hair/eye/skin colors, tattoos, sexy clothing and hair styles, jewelry, and even bodily modifications like adding wings or changing sex. This means there would need to be an equippage screen where the player could dress their avatar up like a paper doll. The game staff could release new improvements every few weeks or months so there would always be new ones for players to persue.

Encouraging socializing - User lookups are essential, and should say what times of day the player is usually online and searchable for common interests, like a matchmaking system. And then there could be ''guilds'' (with message boards to give the communication more permanence and some heraldic symbols for their members) built around these common interests. Instant messaging and a buddy system should be built into the game so you would know which of your buddies were online at any given time. Physical locations in the game should each have public chatrooms associated with them and the ability to switch to a private chatroom.

There should be a trading post. The player should randomly find some objects, because having things they dont want gives them a reason to use the trading post. Similarly, in-game objects for which several pieces must be collected and assembeled would encourage use of the trading post. I would advise against having player-run shops because it''s too impersonal - if the players have to work together to make economic transactions they will socialize while they are at it.

Cybersex and nudity should probably be confined to non-public places in the game, like inn rooms and players'' houses. So people looking for cybersex could hang out in the inn''s public room - sounds suspiciously like real life doesn''t it?

I''ll write more later.

Sponsor:

#22 liquiddark   Members   -  Reputation: 331

Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:57 AM

quote:
Original post by sunandshadow
Cybersex and nudity should probably be confined to non-public places in the game, like inn rooms and players' houses. So people looking for cybersex could hang out in the inn's public room - sounds suspiciously like real life doesn't it?

Remember, however, that sex in public is a very common fantasy. Of course, this opens up a whole world of Simpsons-o-rific possibility for finding daring places to "do it" too - the minigolf course, as an example. As long as the game isn't overpopulated with people shagging in the road, it would be a fun kind of minigame.

ld

[edited by - liquiddark on June 2, 2004 1:58:47 PM]

#23 sunandshadow   Moderators   -  Reputation: 5057

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:29 AM

quote:
Original post by liquiddark
quote:
Original post by sunandshadow
Cybersex and nudity should probably be confined to non-public places in the game, like inn rooms and players'' houses. So people looking for cybersex could hang out in the inn''s public room - sounds suspiciously like real life doesn''t it?

Remember, however, that sex in public is a very common fantasy. Of course, this opens up a whole world of Simpsons-o-rific possibility for finding daring places to "do it" too - the minigolf course, as an example. As long as the game isn''t overpopulated with people shagging in the road, it would be a fun kind of minigame.

ld

Lol, a minigame - you''re right, players could even have a trophy cabinet with a trophy for each creative place they''d had sex. And it would certainly add atmosphere to have people randomly screwing here and there. Perhaps instead the thing to do would be to give players an options menu where they could enable or disable seeing nudity and public sex.

#24 sunandshadow   Moderators   -  Reputation: 5057

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:44 AM

Anyway, more about items and the economy. Each player has an inventory, naturally. In the inventory they can mark items to be ''available for trade'' or ''displayed in gallery [name]'', and they can also set up a wishlist to make future trading post searches more convenient. Every item has a comment box attached so the player can state their asking price or tell a little story about how they got the item or even just coo over how cool it is. Every item has an alphanumeric code which contains a category number(2digits), a color indicator, and a specific item number(5 digits? or name?). Categories would be things like makeup, pet, trophy, clothes, etc. Items in galleries would be ordered according to this code, and the trading post would be searchable by category, color, or item.

Items a player has marked ''for trade'' would only be visible in the trading post while that player is online playing the game. Trophies may not be traded.

#25 kindfluffysteve   Banned   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 02 June 2004 - 02:00 PM

sounds hillariously fun to do.

#26 Mysti   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 June 2004 - 08:45 PM

Sunandshadow - All I can say is wow, and thank you. You''ve certainly got some good ideas, and given me some to think about. It seems there''s a high possibility of the game actually working out. If you''re interested in getting more involved with the project, drop me a line at anythingbutthespatula@hotmail.com, like I said in a previous post. We need all the ideas we can get
Looks will certainly be an important part of the game - if anyone has ever played The Realm Online, they''ll know about the character creation interface. It has you pick your character''s race, gender, girth and height. Then it gives you a a number of head shapes, hair, eyes, lips, noses and so on to choose from. It''s certainly one of the things I like most about the game, as I really like being able to customize my character.
I wouldn''t want to walk down a street and see various couples shagging on the road and making dirty comments in the game, so either an option of disabling seeing that or sex in houses/hotel rooms only would be best.
I''ve been doing a bit of research into aspects of MORPGs and how they might be incorporated into a game such as this, and my brain hurts. So I''ll be back later - I''m definitely looking forward to seeing more ideas

#27 Madster   Members   -  Reputation: 242

Posted 05 June 2004 - 09:59 PM

Multiplayer dating sim... hmmm

well in a dating sim you either win points or lose points, but if the ''other'' is not an NPC but another human being, then how do you know who is winning?

have them award points to each other!!!

And you shouldnt be able to check for someone else''s points
so your goal could be collecting points by mingling and having everyone give you good ratings.

Thus... dating sim!

About public nudity... how about that new trend of spawning "private dungeons" ?
say you wanna have fun near the fountain outside... the game spawns the fountain area with a bunch of NPC walking around and such, and both you and your partner. would this work? then again it lacks the punch of real people around... maybe it should be an option for both the performers and the onlookers. ("participate in private dungeons checkbox?")

and P2P is the way to go for fringe online games =)

#28 firewindshadow   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 06 June 2004 - 07:08 PM

SocialTron, needs to be 21 or older...

#29 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 06 June 2004 - 07:46 PM

Cute idea, especially if done in a non-tacky way.

Someone mentioned ToonTown; just thought I''d chip in and mention that the Panda3D (used for TT) engine is open source, and might be a good fit. It''s exposing the entire interface through Python, so you wouldn''t need to be a killer C++ programmer to make mini-games, etc. The server side is still quite lacking, though.

http://www.etc.cmu.edu/panda3d/
http://www.python.org/pycon/dc2004/papers/29/

The other option (that an art-heavy team might prefere) is doing the whole thing in Flash or Shockwave3d, with a backend DB. It''s a bit more low-tech, but at least it''s doable.

This is a great idea if you can find ways of opening it up to existing couples as well as singles; I know several friends that spend long periods apart (either because they study in different countries, or work in different cities, and only get to see each other during the weekends): this would be a great idea for them.

Good luck.

#30 Shimeran   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:55 AM

A lot honestly depends on what you want the focus of the game to be. If you want it to center on romantic angles, look at dating sims. If you want to focus on social and economic angles, look at games like the Harvest Moon series.
If you were planning on makin it like a traditional crpg, take a peek at the RPGMaker game "Romancing Walker". It''s a nice game overall, and explores some inter-party romantic angles.

#31 Axiverse   Members   -  Reputation: 344

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:50 AM

With games like these, I wouldn''t be supprised to see laws on "Virtual Sex" in the near future.

#32 Vanquish   Members   -  Reputation: 216

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:09 AM

To take the tacky route...

Id be interested in seeing a 3d chat program with "adult interactions" enabled.

Let''s face it...a lot of people "cyber". And if you think about the amount of animations made for regular MMOs...over hundreds of monster types and interactions and spell effects...simulating human intercourse wouldnt be that hard.

If we are REALLY going to get adult here...do any old Macintosh people remember that game MacFoxes ? Well the idea was to bring a woman to "completion" (trying to keep this pg-13) through various methods. Yes, I played it thank you.

There are already 3d chat programs out there Im sure (havent been looking for one since Im happily married), but Im sure you could market it with adult interactions and animations. And hell you could even have content updates for people who like to roleplay as "the babysitter" or an erotic vampyre or whatever those people do.

Someone will eventually make it...and make a lot of cash.

#33 Pxtl   Members   -  Reputation: 354

Posted 11 June 2004 - 05:12 AM

Look at it this way - there''ll be tons of adult "dating" MMO games eventually, its a natural concept. None of them will be hardcore though - that''d scare off too many people.

So think hardcore. That''d set yourself apart. You can have different regions of the MMO world cordoned off for different forms of perverts, with the main zone being relatively tame, normal dating land (personally, I will never be entering Yiffie City or Domination Land). Different regions can have different goals that give you points. The only hard part would be where to draw the line - Rapeland might be a little much for some people.

I''d love to see a dating game where I could play a Tentacle Monster a la "Ghastly''s Ghastly Comic". Think twisted sex shops where players can buy gear to deck out their characters. Think of scoring points for fucking in public places when nobody''s looking (and losing points for getting cought). Think of what the stats would be (flexibility, strength, manual/oral dexterity, personal beautification, etc).

The internet has an alarming number of perverts, and a fair number of them would probably love a good, humourous, bizarre MMO for their tastes. For proof, see the dirty webcomic community or various humour/news sites that also post erotic content - sometimes the bost bizarre artistic erotic content.

#34 superpig   Staff Emeritus   -  Reputation: 1825

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:36 AM

quote:
Original post by Madster
have them award points to each other!!!

Genius. Rate your partner afterwards - "Was it good for you?" "Eh, I''d give you a 7 out of 10."

To develop it even further, say that every player can only rate every other player once (and if they rate that player again it repeals their earlier score). However, the influence that rating has depends on the "strength" of the relationship between the two players - you could gain a few points from a one-night-stand, but if you have a long-term relationship with that person, their rating (which may not even be as high as the one-night-stander) would have much more effect upon your score.

That way scores are built in two directions - sex/physical interaction, and also longterm/mental type stuff. I like it.

Richard "Superpig" Fine
Hot hart man!!
[TBRF|GP&T|Enginuity1|Enginuity2|Enginuity3|Enginuity4|Enginuity5|TB|DirectXFAQ]

#35 Surg AKA Kunark   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:58 PM

I've played a game like this, it wasn't all adult oriented. It had areas for artists, and people who like to write stories, and stuff like that. Then it had the adult side as well.
What really worked well in the game was that people where able to create their own worlds within the game, and then could go into the main WORLD on the game and in the different sections, they could upload their world that would create a portal to their dream. It kept the game interesting, and less work for the game developer to design worlds when you let the population do the work. The world makers could update their world as they wanted. And you get alot of really cool situations. Anyways that would just be my suggestion to try to implement.
~~Johnathan~~LTM my new fad, know it, use it, love it, LAUGHING TO MYSELF

#36 Impossible   Members   -  Reputation: 134

Posted 17 June 2004 - 06:39 AM

On a slightly related note mmodating.

#37 Vanquish   Members   -  Reputation: 216

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:11 PM

damn damn damn.

I had an idea a 2 years ago for the same type of thing!!

Hmmm perhaps mine could be better :)

#38 DirectXXX   Members   -  Reputation: 151

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:24 AM

I dont like the idea of "such" adult game. ChatRooms have been used for many crimes. In this type of adult game people will probably like to make relations with others. There is no way to know the actual age and sex of other players. I think such game can/will trigger more bad ideas in most *** kind of people.

#39 Pxtl   Members   -  Reputation: 354

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:20 AM

You probably can know the ages of players if you're requiring the use of a credit card. Ultimately, you could require a valid ID number (such as driver's license number) to play.

#40 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:33 PM

Yeah, a credit card required to play would probably be the best idea, although may scare off quite a few people. I personally don't have a problem with persons over fourteen being exposed to sex-related things. It's my experience that the majority of females over fourteen and under eighteen have probably performed various sexual acts willingly and haven't regretted them (have even enjoyed them). Older people may not like it, but teenagers especially are very sexually aware and are (shock horror) capable of making their own decisions, sexual or otherwise. The majority of them aren't dummied or bullied into doing things they don't want to do, although television and other things would have you speak otherwise.
But that isn't what I'm here to talk about - I'm here to talk about a sex game :D Before going on, I'd like to remind people to email me at anythingbutthespatula@hotmail.com if interested in helping with the project, if only to share ideas.
I think it's doubtless the game would have extreme character customization, as looks are very much a part of the dating/love game. The problem this presents is creating animations, as creating one base template for a character would go against the idea of extreme customization. If anyone has played The Realm, that type of (I'm going to say it again) customization would be very good for this game.
I'm not too sure about creating an extremely hardcore game, although there could be seperate sections for those who want it that extreme, but for the most part I think that the game should be done as tastefully as possibly, and not in a gooey romantic way but in such a way as to not force things upon the players. The game should largely incorporate sexual interaction and so forth, but give you options to do other things as well.
My brain hurts, so I'll post again a bit later :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS