• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Why is it no one seems to care about sound?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Imperitus   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 September 2000 - 08:30 AM

Okay I know it''s not true, but from the looks of the help wanted section it seems if you''re not a programer or an graphics type no one needs ya or wants your help on their projects... what gives? From my last post I gather that companies understand the need for high quality sound. Heck the background sounds in diablo 1 had my neck hair standing on end. Is it just that most of the people doing projects on a smaller scale assume audio will be delt with later?

Sponsor:

#2 Bleakcabal   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 September 2000 - 12:17 PM

I don''t know... im working on a small project myself with a friend, a Migth and Magic II clone ( not the heroes series ), such a game does not need an impressive sound library, but the reason I am looking at this forum is that I realised that I did not know how to create/find sounds for the game... I guess I was to focused on programming and art... But your right sound is important. In many small project it can SOMETIMES suck

#3 Nazrix   Members   -  Reputation: 307

Posted 07 September 2000 - 03:29 PM

Funny...In the Game Design forum we''re having the same sort of discussion about writing being important in games.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS