• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Formatting Code

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nexis   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 October 1999 - 10:44 PM

Does anyone know of a program that will reformat code to "clean" it up (tabs, spacing, parenthesis, etc) to however I like it? I've used html editors that can do things like this (homesite, etc) but I haven't heard of something that will reformat C++ or Java.

Sponsor:

#2 Qoy   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 12 October 1999 - 07:32 PM

The Visual C++ code editor will format code, but I don't know of any seperate programs that will do it.
Good luck,
Jonathan Little

#3 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 12 October 1999 - 07:47 PM

I have no clue whether you can get a copy of it for windows, but Emacs does format your code for you, if you want. It's a text editor that shows up on a lot of Unixlikes, and I think I've seen it for windows, but I don't know for certain. It's kind of nice, you just push tab on whatever line you're working on and it sticks it where it needs to go. It figures it out by relying on your placement of parentheses and braces and stuff, so it can help you find little errors in code with that

Jonathan

Emacs rocks!

#4 RazerEdge   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 October 1999 - 10:44 PM

search the web! put in "code cleaner" or "code formatter". i had this great little thing that would reformat my Pascal code and it even let you specify how you wanted it to look. i know there are some that will do this for C/C++

-RazerEdge

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS