• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

- - - - -

Article: Using #include with AngelScript

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3416

0Likes

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:14 AM

I've just written an article that shows just how simple it is to use #include directives with AngelScript. You'll find it here: www.angelcode.com/angelscript/articles/include.html
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Sponsor:

#2 meink   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:06 AM

Nice article. I'm sure many will find this handy.

- Xavier

#3 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3416

0Likes

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:11 AM

Thanks!

What about your article? Did you stop working on it?
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#4 nihlist   Members   -  Reputation: 122

0Likes

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:23 PM

Hiya WitchLord,

Thanks for the article, its pretty much what I put together myself with your previous advice.

I had an idea that might interest people for post 1.8.x release.

It would be very simple to support a name space type directive in the script files as well, preprocess this out and use this as the module name when compiling the scripts.

That way you could have a master script file that included script files for each character / entity and declare a namespace in each of these lower files.

Load the master script file and automatically, you would have a loaded script system, with methods partitioned for each entity.

Can't wait for 1.8, keep up the good work,

nihlist

#5 meink   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:47 PM

Quote:
Original post by WitchLord
What about your article? Did you stop working on it?

I submitted it to Gamedev, but they don't seem to have done anything with it. I thought I posted it here but I just checked back and I've only attached a draft. Here is the completed article if you wanted to include it on your site:
http://noreality.net/as-polymorphism.zip

- Xavier

#6 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3416

0Likes

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:43 AM

nihlist:

Good idea. Once AngelScript support the scope operator :: this will be a good way to work with namespaces. Though I might still decide to support namespaces natively with AngelScript.

meink:

Excellent. I'll format the article and put it up on my site as soon as possible.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS