• Create Account

- - - - -

Compile Errors -- WIP 4

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 kyc   Members   -  Reputation: 184

0Likes

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:14 AM

I'm trying to compile WIP 4, but I get 4 initial errors about "as_builder.cpp:39 -- friend declaration requires class-key, ie: friend struct asCScriptEngine...and so on for the 3 others". So I change "friend asCScriptEngine" and the other 3 declarations below it to "friend class asCScriptEngine...etc..." and it no longer reports the errors. However, I then get 63 errors, 2 of which are "as_callfunc_dc.cpp:138 -- CallSTDCallFunctionQWord undeclared" and "as_callfunc_dc.cpp:140 -- CallSTDCallFunctionDWord undeclared". The rest of the errors pertain to assembly code, but how do I use the alternative C++ code instead of the assembly? BTW, I'm using mingw, but don't use Dev-C++ because it's buggy. Instead, I use MinGW Developer Studio.

Sponsor:

#2 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3263

0Likes

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:32 AM

You should remove the as_callfunc_dc.cpp from the build. That module is specific for the Dreamcast. You should also remove either the as_callfunc_cpp.cpp or the as_callfunc_x86.cpp from the build as they are duplicating functionality (just written in different languages). If possible use the as_callfunc_x86.cpp since I believe there is a problem with as_callfunc_cpp.cpp that can cause errors when returning objects.

I'm not sure but I think mingw can handle inline assembler. Just make sure the __GNUC__ flag is defined.

I will try compiling the library with mingw myself this weekend just to make sure.
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#3 kyc   Members   -  Reputation: 184

0Likes

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for the help, I got rid of the dreamcast file and x86 then everything worked fine. You're probably right about x86 but I do not have nasm and do not currently wish to deal with it.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS