• Create Account

Where do I begin Gamming?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zenwolf79   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 November 1999 - 04:17 AM

I'm 20 years old, Have not been to college but took an eight month course to learn Software Development for both Mainframe and PC. That was a good 7 months ago and I've been working in the IT Business Software Development field ever since. I guess My Question is where do I Learn how to program games? also Where do I Begin?

Sponsor:

#2 The^gnome   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 November 1999 - 02:31 PM

I would suggest you search yahoo for 'game programming' and look around
check the programming section here and learn some tile based/isometric stuff...
then just read every single article you can get your hands on till it makes sense

------------------
Thats right im a gnome
-The^gnome

#3 Zenwolf79   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 November 1999 - 03:15 AM

Thank you for your post I'm going to try exactly that and read everything I get my hands on till it makes sense! Thank you!

#4 Dave Astle   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 2307

Posted 15 November 1999 - 04:03 AM

I'd also suggest picking up a copy of Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus. It will cover the basics and give you a good foundation.

#5 Zenwolf79   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 November 1999 - 04:06 AM

Is it easy to read and understand? I've found some books on Game programming extremely dificult to understand!

#6 rperkins   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 November 1999 - 04:15 AM

I hear that "Windows Game Programming for Dummies" is supposed to be an excellent beginner's source. I'm just starting myself and ordered it. Should get it this week.

#7 Zenwolf79   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 November 1999 - 04:17 AM

That sounds really cool! Let me know how it goes for you!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS