• Create Account

Tutorials & Downloads (Under repair)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#61 JTippetts   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8160

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

@jbadams:

I am actually wondering if it's really worth it, to be honest. For awhile now I've considered un-stickying this thing and letting it vanish. There are some good links, but there are also some dead ones and it might be easier to just gather input and start it a-fresh, rather than editing this thing.

Sponsor:

#62 Defend   Members   -  Reputation: 208

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

@jbadams

Thanks for that tip. I've looted the older post now. :)

#63 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17307

1Likes

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Starting fresh might be an idea...

#64 riuthamus   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4328

0Likes

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

JB, I think that would be great as many of these are dead. It might help to bring more activity to this section as well. Food for thought

#65 Prinz Eugn   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3528

0Likes

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

I can help out on the research this weekend if you guys want help. It'd be nice to have some fresh air in this section...

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

#66 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17307

0Likes

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Sounds great Mark, I'll set up some new topics asking for suggestions.  I'd like to keep 2d and 3d resources separate this time as well -- we haven't made any decisions yet, but we're looking into the idea of possibly splitting Visual Arts into two separate forums, so it'd be good if we had separate topics we could simply move off into each forum. smile.png

#67 Prinz Eugn   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3528

1Likes

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hurray separate forums! I really think it might get more people posting if they're distinct.

I'm going to work on the 2D ones since that's what I know most about if that's all right. I've starting looking for articles, but it's hard to find really good ones among all the super specific tutorials. I was also thinking about categories and essentially thought of it as common questions people ask, which got me this list of what to look for:

General 2d Art Concepts

• Lighting/Shading
  • Perspective
  • Figure Drawing (proportions)
  • Color Theory
  • How is Game Art different?
  • Vector vs Raster (+ vs Pixel)
  • Assets vs concept art

Raster Art

• Software
  • Tutorials
  • Subset: Pixel Art

Vector Art

• Software
  • Tutorials

PM me when you start the threads too, please!

Oh, and do you think there should be more of a distinction between "Assets" and "Information" threads? They seem somewhat mingled right now...

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

#68 riuthamus   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4328

0Likes

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

I can teach some stuff when i get some free time. People have questions I dont mind helping on the art side as well.

#69 marcClintDion   Members   -  Reputation: 431

0Likes

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

I think something bad has happened to your links. They all seem to lead right back to this page. It happens when I click them, or right click and chose 'open in new tab' and even with right click and 'open in new window'... it must be the new site format gremlins.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

#70 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8698

0Likes

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

I think something bad has happened to your links

Yes, we know. Someone said several months ago that it was being fixed. In the meantime I'll just lock it.

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#71 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17307

0Likes

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

Thanks for the report thought marc!

We're not sure what exactly went wrong, but it turns out that between all of the formatting problems and numerous links being broken it's too large a task to fix this topic -- we're working on a replacement with all up-to-date links that work though! 

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS