• Create Account

making of sound effects + Impule tracker question

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 death adder   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 September 2000 - 06:58 PM

sound effects question: i was just wondering if anyone had any tips on creating sound effects. i've been looking on this website for quite a while and haven't found any articles on creating sounds. I know how to record sounds and have programs to edit them, but some of the computer-generated sounds get tricky. for instance, any articles / text on creating bleeps for menu selecting would be greatly appreciated. thanks. IT question: whenever I use IT the sound quality is VERY bad. I know it's not the samples (16bit, 44.1khz ... sound great in Cakewalk, Windows Media Player, etc.)... whenever I play the .IT in winamp and a few other Windows programs, the sound quality improves a little bit, but my midis (using soundfonts) still beat the .IT... even when I use the same samples for both... The main problem is a hiss/noise that is added to the IT files... is it that I have bad/outdated programs, lack of knowledge in proper sample use for .IT, or something else? Thanks again for your help. Edited by - death adder on 9/18/00 1:03:11 AM

Sponsor:

#2 LJG   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 September 2000 - 06:55 AM

Sound Effects Question:

Speaking for myself, I''ve found a combination of good quality sound effect CDs,a good mic for recording,and traditional musical instruments works well.
As for making bleeps ( I thought I was the only one who used that word ) I usually start with a clean square wav from a softsynth ( a sample would work too ) and do a quick pitch bend from extreme high to extreme low. Maybe add a little flange for animation. Then tweak the hell out of it

As for IT, I don''t use it so I''m no help there.

zero
static music

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS