• Create Account

[java] My first Java game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 CDM   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 September 2000 - 07:33 AM

Hi, I recently finished my first java game - a simple turn-based strategy game. Go ahead and try it out at http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-18931/programming and tell me what you think. Thanks :-) // CDM

Sponsor:

#2 loserkid   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 September 2000 - 09:41 AM

Hi....
It looks pretty good! The graphics anyway cause I had no one to play with (). Anywho besides the needed one player feature, you should add a loading bar for your nice looking graphics ''cause the grey screen is not nice to look at..()

Keep up the good work ....

=============================
a wise man once said....
=============================
www.thejpsystem.com

#3 deakin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 September 2000 - 11:56 PM

It looks pretty good to me. Maybe the two players could start off a bit further apart (or is it random?) because when I played it only took one turn for them to be right next to each other. Nice game though.

- Daniel
VG Games

#4 Jim_Ross   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 September 2000 - 04:34 AM

Not Found

The requested URL /~w-18931/programming/..\css\default.css was not found on this server.

#5 CDM   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 September 2000 - 09:36 AM

Jim_Ross : Weird, doesn''t happen to me (I''m using Win2k/IE 5.0)
--
And, to answer a couple of questions. The players'' start locations are random, although they tend to start near each other as someone noticed...
I actually wrote this game quickly one night so that me and a friend could write one bot each, and then we would let them play against each other. But...we never did so I added the ability to play with a human player. This is pretty much the final version, since I don''t intend to work on it any more. If anyone is interested in getting the source code so you perhaps can write a bot or something, just drop me a mail.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS