• Create Account

What about this game?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Metus   Members   -  Reputation: 168

Posted 25 September 2000 - 07:31 AM

I''ve been thinking of a couple of games for a while now and found one I *THINK* i will try to develope... Remember the old classic Ikari Warriors for the Nes? hob ''bout a multiplayer-deathmatch-online version of that with up to 16 player fighting each other? //Metus

Sponsor:

#2 neocron   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 September 2000 - 08:31 AM

I was addicted to the coin-op arcade version of Ikari Warriors (and its sequel - can''t remember the name - probably Ikari Warriors II). The coin-op had two joysticks; one for movement, one for directional firing - how did the NES version deal with that.

I like your idea by the way.

#3 Metus   Members   -  Reputation: 168

Posted 26 September 2000 - 02:32 AM

Well..I *Think* the Nes-version just had the option to fire straight ahead (If someone knows, post )
Which would be the preferred API for this kind of game?
since the game will be top-down and "rotate" the player with the mouse, and strafe-back-towards with ASDF (probably) perhaps the Direct3D hardware capabilities for Rotate should be perfect?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS