• Create Account

Beta tester database.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lerc   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 October 1999 - 02:20 PM

Recently, in two different projects, I had need of specific pieces of hardware to test software on.

How hard would it be to set up a database of people who have various bits of hardware?

A database On GDNet could only give email addresses out to members and keep a log of who got what (to prevent abuse)

A timeout on entries is also probably a good idea, because some people tend to change hardware quite a bit. Let people chose how long they want to stay in the database.

Also give the option of emailing people when they drop off the database sending them a url of a form if they want to update their data and stay on the database.

I know it's a bit of an ask, but it would be quite a usefull scheme, priceless to someone who needs to find a system with a 16 bit BGR display with an Awe 64, just to fix a bug.

Sponsor:

#2 CGameProgrammer   Members   -  Reputation: 640

Posted 08 October 1999 - 02:20 PM

I agree; this is a good idea. But it has more potential than for technical bugs; you can have an archive of beta-testers willing to test your game for design/gameplay concerns. You know, to give suggestions and the like.

------------------
~CGameProgrammer( );

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS